13 IMPORTANT POINTS FOR CIVIL-SITE ENGINEER ALWAYS REMEMBER ON SITE:
Following 13 important points for civil site-engineer which he always keeps in Mind on site. These points are very important because if you ignore some of this point some major Error could occur at the site.
1. Lapping is not allowed for the bars having a diameter more than 36 mm.
2. For dowels rod minimum of 12 mm diameter should be used.
3. The freefall of concrete is allowed maximum to 1.50 meter.
4. Minimum bar in the square column is 4 number and 6 number in the circular column.
5. Main bars in slab not less than 8 mm if you are using(HYSD) or 10 mm if you are using(Plain bars) and the distribution bars was not less than 8 mm in diameter and not be more than 1/8 of the given slab thickness.
6. Longitudinal reinforcement not less than 0.8% and more than 6 %.
7. In steel reinforcement binder wire required is 8 kg per MT (Metric ton).
8. The minimum thickness of the slab is 125 mm.
9. Dimension tolerance for cubes ±2 mm.
10. The compressive strength of brick is 3.5 N/mm^2.
11. Water absorption of brick is between 15% to 20%.
12. PH (Power of Hydrogen) value of the water should not be less than 6.
13. In soil filling, as per IS codes, 100 square meters should take 3 samples for core cutting test.
Shear This information with your friends…..